Re: IANA registration constraints

2007-06-13 08:22:45
Can we please leave the specific opinions about DHCP out of this discussion?
The dhc WG has done its due diligence, with review and support from the IETF
and the IESG, to put into place processes to govern assignment of extensions
to DHCP and to accommodate future extensions to both DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 in
the option code space design.  This discussion is clearly not the place for
opinions about how future extensions to DHCP ought to be managed.

If DHCP must be brought into the discussion, please read and understand the
relevant RFCs and policies at IANA before using DHCP as a whipping
boy/example.

- Ralph (who's not bitter at all)

On 6/13/07 10:54 AM, "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>