Re: The myth of NAT traversal, was: Re: IPv4 to IPv6 transition

2007-07-16 04:56:51
On 7/16/07 6:29 AM, "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>
wrote:
The way I look at the problem we have a gateway issue similar to those that we
used to have with smtp in the days of decnet sna etc.

Maybe, but there are differences that make it harder.  Chief
among these is that there were one or two gateways for CSNet,
a handful for BITNET, and so on, and there was just the one
application.  Furthermore, there was no need to either modify
the endpoint or inform the endpoint that it should gateway
its email through a particular host.  The latter was handled
on the server.

Melinda