Re: Do you want to have more meetings outside US ?

2007-07-29 13:52:02
And in the concrete case of the Palmer house, the price of the hotel was not
worth to pay for, in my opinion. Rooms very old and dark, not even having
wardrobe to hang up the clothes :-(, in addition to the construction issues.

Yes, it was a very nice hotel (but I don't really mind that, because I come
there to work and keep doing my regular daily tasks), and had an excellent
gym, which I really appreciate, however, the one in Prague was much better
in my opinion (including a much better and bigger gym).

Regards,
Jordi

De: Adrian Farrel <adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Responder a: Adrian Farrel <adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Fecha: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:22:41 +0100
Para: <stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
CC: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: Do you want to have more meetings outside US ?

Stewart,

Do we have any firm evidence that we would get more work
done if we had more meetings outside the US?

That is probably a non-question, isn't it?

Do we have any firm evidence that we would get less work done if we had more
meetings outside the US?

Another data point might be...

In the CCAMP working group five editors or key authors of working group I-Ds
were unable to travel to Chicago (for whatever reason). All of these are
based outside the US.

One new non-WG draft had to be introduced by a friend because none of the
author team was able to travel.

That said, the hotel cost is as much of an issue for me. I continually have
to weigh up the convenience of staying in the host hotel, with the
exorbitant room rates. The 30% degradation of the US dollar over the last
six or seven years is a great help, but surely it would be even better to
pick a more reasonably priced hotel?

Adrian