Re: Do you want to have more meetings outside US ?

2007-07-30 07:34:51

That said, the hotel cost is as much of an issue for me. I continually have
to weigh up the convenience of staying in the host hotel, with the
exorbitant room rates. The 30% degradation of the US dollar over the last
six or seven years is a great help, but surely it would be even better to
pick a more reasonably priced hotel?

Adrian

        an observation. IETF meetings have a fairly high hit rate on
        selecting venues where the hotel is in the middle of restoration.
        I've have come to the dubious conclusion that this tactic is
        used to get reduced overall rates.

--bill