RE: Charging I-Ds

2007-08-01 08:22:28
A excellent start...

You forgot $500 for messages on the use of ASCII in RFC's.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Rosen [mailto:erosen(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 10:50 AM
To: Eric Gray (LO/EUS)
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Charging I-Ds

Eric Gray> The discussion is essentially inane

I think  this is an  excellent observation.  It  suggests to me  though that
perhaps  the best  way to  get more  funding  for the  IETF is  to impose  a
surcharge on inane messages to the  ietf mailing list.  The surcharge can be
based on the degree of inanity of the message.

I suggest the following schedule of charges:

- $10 for a generic message whining about US customs/immigration processes