Re: DHCP failures (was RE: Do you want to have more meetings outside US ?)

2007-08-02 12:17:28

Bob Hinden wrote:
It was also interesting to open the Mac network control pannel, enable my Airport (WLAN) interface, and see the IPv6 global address appear almost instantaneously and in many case having to wait many seconds to minutes for DHCP provided IPv4 address to appear.

Any chance this was merely due to a difference in scaling, with IPv4 DHCP usage being large-scale and IPv6 being small?

I suppose the more constructive way to ask this is: Does anyone know why one worked better than the other?

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking