RE: Business case for IPv6 (Was: Re: one example of an unintendedconsequence of changing the /48 boundary)

2007-08-28 15:59:52
From: Greg Skinner [mailto:gds(_at_)best(_dot_)com]

Hmmm ... I haven't heard much about IPv6 deployment yet from an
investment
standpoint from the usual business news sources, even the tech business
news
sources.  I'll grant that may change soon.
However, as has been noted, there are businesses, organizations, etc.
that
have migrated to, or adopted, IPv6.  I hear that IPv6 has gained a
foothold
in Asia, for example.  Perhaps the answer to all of these questions
regarding
"pain points" is to collect and document case studies on who made the
migration
or adoption, what problems were encountered, etc.

I am sure that I am not the only person on this list who would value
insight into the current status of the world's IPv6 deployment. Is there
a web site that tracks that important issue?