Re: What to do next?

2007-09-03 03:33:08
Hi, Stephanos,

From: "Stefanos Harhalakis" <v13(_at_)priest(_dot_)com>

 From the presentation I understand that I should 'convince' the WG first
(page 14). Since a WG for HTTP does not exist and I've already talked to
the
http-wg mailing list, should I follow the suggested
'Individuals->WG->IETF->IESG' path and ask this list?

It is a fair comment that the presentation does not specifically address
"how to bring new work into a working group that is so old it has concluded,
but it concluded so long ago that it may be coming back as an active working
group".

 Also, I believe that I've already seen most of the things that the
presenations shows in BCP9 and the other docs I've read. Did I miss
something?

For the first time in a bunch of years, the IETF held a BOF about HTTP at
IETF 69. We don't make it easy for people to find the minutes, etc, (because
the proceedings are still being gathered. Apparently they don't get linked
to the Proceedings page until the deadline for submission passes), but you
can find the meeting materials hsre:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/69/materials.html (then scan down to
the APP area, and then click on "HTTPbis").

Without trying to decode the minutes, etc. - I'm remembering that lisa
Dusseault; was the AD who sponsored the BOF, and Lisa would be the person
best able to tell you how to bring your work to the IETF.

She may point you to the APP-AREA mailing list (details at
http://www.apps.ietf.org/mailing-lists.html), but I would contact Lisa
directly, because you're not going to know what she wants you to do, any
other way. She's at lisa(_at_)osafoundation(_dot_)org(_dot_)

Hope this is helpful. Have a great week.

Spencer