Re: Last Call: draft-saintandre-jabberid (The Jabber-ID Header Field) to Proposed Standard

2007-09-05 00:34:28
At 09:54 24-08-2007, Lisa Dusseault wrote:
FYI on this last call document relating to email header fields. Please note that some review on the Apps-review team list has already suggested this go to Experimental instead (<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-review/current/msg00062.html>http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-review/current/msg00062.html ).

To avoid any ambiguity, between From and Sender, I suggest renaming the Examples section to Implementation and adding:

The Jabber Identifier is associated with the author of the message; see [MESSAGE]. If the "From:" header field contains more than one mailbox, the Jabber-ID header should not be added to the message. There should be no more than one instance
   of the Jabber-ID header.

I preferred not to suggest associating the header with the Sender: header field as that field may be added at a later stage, for example, when the message is sent to a mailing list. We could get around that by adding a Sender: field on transmission but then it would go against RFC 2822 Section 3.6.2.

Regards,
-sm