Re: ULA-C (Was: Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it)

2007-09-19 05:59:38
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Noel Chiappa wrote:
   > From: Paul Vixie <paul(_at_)vix(_dot_)com>

   > ULA-G (and therefore ULA-C) is not an end run around PI space, it's
   > an end run around the DFZ.
   > some day, the people who are then responsible for global address
   > policy and global internet operations, will end the "tyranny of the
   > core" by which we cripple all network owners in their available
   > choices of address space, based solely on the tempermental fragility
   > of the internet's core routing system.
<snip>

What I hear you saying, in your references to the DFZ/core, is that you
aren't happy with the notion that there's a large part of the internetwork
in which more or less all destinations are reachable? If so, in effect,
you're visualizing a system in which reachability is less ubiquitous? I.e.
for a given destination address X, there will be significant parts of the
internetwork from which a packet sent to X will not reach X - and not
because of access controls which explicitly prevent it, but simply because
that part of the internetwork doesn't care to carry routing information for
that destination. Is that right?

what I read into it is... the future internet might not be structured as it is today, we might get a "internet" on the side which don't touch the DFZ at all. Mostly regionbased traffic...