Re: Response to appeal dated 22-June-2007

2007-09-21 15:39:39
At 3:49 PM -0400 9/21/07, Russ Housley wrote:

As  a concrete suggestion:

"The IESG re-affirms that its reading of RFC 2026 is that any action made by
an Area
Director or the IESG may by made the subject of the conflict resolution
mechanisms
set out in Section 6.5 of RFC 2026.  The IESG further wishes to highlight
that the primary
aim of the appeals mechanism set out there is to resolve conflicts and move
the IETF
as a whole towards consensus, and it urges all participants to approach them
in that light."

I will put your proposed text on the IESG telechat agenda for consideration as
an IESG statement.

Thank you; I look forward to hearing the IESG's response.

                                regards,
                                        Ted Hardie