Re: [Geopriv] Response to appeal dated 22-June-2007

2007-09-23 03:17:45
Ted, Sam,

I also agree with your points, and yes, even personnel decisions
by AD can be appealed. The appeals process is not intended to
merely inspect whether formal right to perform an action existed;
such appeals would be very easily decided. In most cases, an
appeal involves an action which is within the jurisdiction of the
chair or AD in question but where we have to ask whether the
decision was right. For instance, did the AD interpret Last
Call discussion, WG situation, etc. correctly? Was the decision
to approve the document or replace chairs reasonable or should
these decisions be corrected in some way? This is the way
I believe we dealt with this appeal too.

Jari