Spammers answering TMDA Queries

2007-10-02 16:13:02
The Secretariat tells me that Spammers are responding to TDMA queries so that their mail goes through. They have made the suggestion that we clear the list of people once per year. This would mean that a legitimate user of a list that uses TDMA would get a TDMA query once a year if they are not subscribed to any ietf.org mail list. There is no TDMA query for people who are on at least one ietf.org mail list.

Here is the info that I have:

 > Russ wants to know how many people have responded to the TMDA
 > challenge but are not on any IETF mailing list.

1025 mail addresses have "confirmed" their address.  I would bet that
at least 20% of the confirmed are spam addresses (or autoconfirmed
addresses)

Thoughts?

Russ