Re: [Tsvwg] Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr (Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes) to Informational RFC

2007-10-04 09:51:50

I don't recall when was the last (Diffserv-based) QoS talk at NANOG or similar operator-rich meeting. (Sure, there is the tutorial, but it doesn't count.)

I would be concerned if outside groups spent time arguing "foo" is bad, or if they advocated other positions to the same issue. But I tend to feel quite uncomfortable with litmus tests based on inactivity of other groups/people. My personal view is that advocates of that line of reasoning place a bigger burden on themselves in providing specific in-depth arguments.

Seems like a potential indication that most typical ISPs aren't working on or interested in this, this stuff is so trivial, or that coordination is not necessary.

i appreciate work that is trivial because its generally simple, easy to accomplish, and leads to fewer interoperability issues. as for ISPs, its fascinating the disparity of how quiet and talkative they are depending on what side of the NDA you are on :-)

cheers,

-ken