Re: Oppose draft-carpenter-ipr-patent-frswds-00

2007-10-30 11:50:35
At 04:24 AM 10/30/2007, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> I admit now

s/now/not

all PSs have IPR attached, but this is almost certainly
> intended to kill any IPR from achieving DS. Is that what is intended
> here?

I don't believe that was the intention, but that's a question for Brian.

I disagree that all PSs are patented (if that is what you meant).

see above - I misspelled a word that means something else. sorry

I've
implemented several such standards without worrying about patents.  I
believe the majority of PSs are actually published without known
patents.  A search in the IETF IPR tracker should answer that.

/Simon