Re: Revising full standards

2007-12-10 13:53:02

--On Tuesday, December 11, 2007 9:43 AM +1300 Brian E Carpenter <brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

It is only a patch.  If you do it, it is not clear to me what
the STD  number (still) accomplishes.

It's a new way into the maze and I think it's worth doing
quickly, since
it doesn't misrepresent the formal standards process in any
way. Ideally,
www.rfc-editor.org/smtp and www.rfc-editor.org/STD10 would also
take you straight there too. (Tools prototype?)

Of course, if "STD10" is a separate document, we are on the path to ISDs. If it isn't, RFC 2026 and the application of STD numbers only to Full Standards takes a hit.

   john