Re: Transitioning IETF DNS services

2007-12-12 21:54:25
        Hello Ray ,

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Ray Pelletier wrote:
It is time to begin the process of transitioning IETF IT services
from Neustar Secretariat Services (NSS) to Association Management
Solutions (AMS).  The complete process will take place over
approximately 7 weeks, beginning Friday, 14 December 2007, and
continuing through Thursday, 31 January 2008.

The first step in the process is to move DNS services.  The actual
transition will take place on Friday, 14 December 2007, at 12pm
Eastern (1700 UTC), approximately 44 hours from now.  At that time
the NS records for the following domains:

  iab.org
  iesg.org
  ietf.org
  irtf.org

Will all be changed to the following:

  NS4.AMSL.COM    64.170.98.30
  NS5.AMSL.COM    64.170.98.31
  NS6.AMSL.COM    2001:5c0:9758::1:1
        Fmi ,  Are the preceding name servers physically diverse ?
                Tia ,  Jiml

...snip...