Re: Transitioning IETF DNS services

2007-12-13 08:55:23
On Dec 13, 2007 10:48 AM, Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> wrote:
 >      You need both physical (power, hardware, location) and
 >      operational (different global prefixes, preferably different
 >      AS's) diversity for reliable DNS.

We knew about this problem, but choose to make the announcement
anyway.  We are in the process of working out a secondary.  I got a
verbal agreement last night, and I expect that it will all be worked
out by Friday.  We just did not want to hold up the announcement
while this was sorted out.

Russ

    I'm guilty of posting without reading everything right now (since
I deleted the thread up to now), but if it's a simple matter of
physical DNS diversity, I'm certainly willing to offer the aid of
several of my servers (in various global locations, which just sounds
cool to say) to answer DNS requests during the transition.  If I
missed out on something bigger, feel free to ignore and/or scold me
for speaking out of turn.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.