RE: IETF71 hotel noise warning on Marriott web pages

2007-12-18 14:33:37

Is that going to be a large suite, a converted meeting room,
or a room large enough to accommodate several hundred of us
at the same time?  The question is important if it is
reasonable to assume that all other small meeting spaces in
the hotel (at least  those not specifically covered by
contract) are going to be closed, noisy, dusty, or otherwise unusable.

Ray probably has photo mockups of the space that he could share.

Between this and apparent efforts by the IAOC, IESG, and
sponsor to deliberately disrupt the network, this is
beginning to sound like the meeting to miss.

Well, we certainly hope not!  I think Russ' proposal was to do something
controlled for a very brief time during the plenary.  I know we've asked
to reconsider that as well - fearing that attendees would have the same
reaction that you just articulated.

Jason Livingood
Comcast