Re: are we the ISDTF? was: Let's look at it from an IETF oldie's perspective... Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-20 14:48:21

john(_dot_)loughney(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com wrote:
Are we the Internet Standardization Development Task Force? It seems by this thread, many of us are afraid to do any engineering and just work on emails and paper. I don't know about others, but I always liked testing some new technology at IETF meetings, but that seems less common these days. John

John,

Apparently you missed the several notes that thought experimentation was fine and that pursuing a focused interoperability activity would be an excellent task.

The distinction is between "experimentation" and "production", rather than resistance to any experimentation.

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking