Re: are we the ISDTF? was: Let's look at it from an IETF oldie's perspective... Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-20 11:48:14
For a long time, there was a fair amount of multicast debugging and deployment that was driven / accelerated / or took advantage of the IETF meetings being multicast. (On that note I wish that there was still at least some multicast video going out from the IETF, say of the plenaries.) I also remember that my first use of 802.11 technology was at an IETF meeting (Pittsburgh, IIRC) and IETF meetings have been used to test MANET's on a wireless LAN. I'm sure that there have been other cases over the years.

This is a good thing, I think, and should be supported and continued.

Regards
Marshall