Re: FYI - "Examining Actual State of IPv6 Deployment"

2008-01-20 15:46:04

 if you read the ARIN statement on IPv6, you will find that Keith
 is describing the story of how to cook a frog.  soon, (pick your
 favorite study) all IPv4 space will be allocated. For folks who
 need IP access after that time, IPv6 will be available.  Its those
 (ones and twos) who will need to access you email and web sites over
 IPv6 (or via the IETF depricated NAT-PT or other ALG)... It won't be
 a massive sea-change, it will be a gradual shift.  Those not prepared
 will see a gradual leveling off of traffic/load - as the IPv6 only clients
 find other places to go to get the services, capabilities, and features
 that they desire.

 so in general, I think that Thos might be on to something.

--bill