Re: Last Call: draft-carpenter-rfc2026-changes (Changes to the ..

2008-01-21 15:22:37
Russ,
        I was specifically not commenting on the contents of this ID
(I will soon) but on the process being followed

I see no justification of issuing an IETF Last Call on a ID that
is designed to modify our core process document where the document
has gotten so little discussion or indication of support

John's suggestion of a plenary discussion may be a reasonable path
but I do not think that using the IETF Last Call process to
ferment discussion is all that good a way to proceed (this is what
I was calling flippent)

Scott