RE: [HOKEY] Last Call: draft-ietf-hokey-erx (EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)) to Proposed Standard

2008-02-03 14:48:39
Lakshminath Dondeti <> scribbled on Sunday, February 03, 2008 1:30 PM:

There was also the issue of not being able to export EAP session IDs
(IIRC) that I referred to in my other message.

Hmmm.  draft-ietf-eap-keying-22.txt says

   EAP methods supporting key derivation and mutual authentication
   SHOULD export a method-specific EAP conversation identifier known as
   the Session-Id, as well as one or more method-specific peer
   identifiers (Peer-Id(s)) and MAY export one or more method-specific
   server identifiers (Server-Id(s)).  EAP methods MAY also support the
   import and export of channel binding parameters.  EAP method
   specifications developed after the publication of this document MUST
   define the Peer-Id, Server-Id and Session-Id.  The Peer-Id(s) and
   Server-Id(s), when provided, identify the entities involved in
   generating EAP keying material. For existing EAP methods the Peer-Id,
   Server-Id and Session-Id are defined in Appendix A.

Not sure where the "can't export session IDs" idea came from, but the
above would seem to contradict it.