RE: [HOKEY] Last Call: draft-ietf-hokey-erx (EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)) to Proposed Standard

2008-02-04 11:01:00

  Hi Glen,

On Mon, February 4, 2008 1:09 am, Glen Zorn wrote:
[snip]
Doesn't sound particularly readable to me; in any case, I don't think
that it really matters (for the purposes you describe, however unlikely
they may be) what the key name looks like.  What matters is how easy it
is to find the key, which depends upon the structure of the database in
which it resides.

  Bingo! And by putting every key for every hierarchy for every user for
every domain for every usage through SHA-256 the structure of the database
is flat.

  I'm not particularly wed to using the EAP session ID as an index. Your
suggestion of Username is perfectly fine. But the current idea of using
SHA-256 is wrong.

  Dan.