Re: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

2008-02-06 13:21:59
While I agree with the sentiments of Ted and others[1], isn't this all rather a moot point? I would expect Ray has already signed a locked-in contract with the hotel/resort in Dublin, correct?
Is there realistically any chance to change it?

If the Dublin venue can NOT be changed at this point, should we perhaps focus on how we can get to restaurants? Can we get more shuttles? Is there taxi service available? etc.?

My 2 cents,
Dan

[1] Like Ted, I go to a standards meeting to engage in f-2-f discussions. If there is any "sightseeing" it is usually in my walk from my hotel to the conf center or perhaps at the social event. All I really ask for is a decent hotel room, good meeting rooms, decent snacks, hot tea, good WiFi and easy access to multiple restaurants so that when 1,000+ standards geeks all break at the same time for lunch or dinner we're not all standing in line at the same restaurant trying to get served quickly so we can go back into our meetings. IETF 70 in Vancouver and IETF66 in Montreal were both great examples to me where there were plenty of choices within easy walking distance.