RE: IETF 71 - no room at the inn on Thursday

2008-02-13 11:42:52
You may want to check out the URL below on our IETF 71 microsite for
some other hotel suggestions.  Ray or Marcia may have more info but this
list is pretty comprehensive.

http://ietf71.comcast.net/?page_id=5

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of John Levine
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:38 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: IETF 71 - no room at the inn on Thursday

I'm on the phone to Doubletree reservations trying to make a
reservation for the 9th to the 14th, and she tells me that
there are no rooms in the IETF block on the 13th, so I have
to pay $274 rather than $169 for that night.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Can Ray get our new
friends at Hilton to make the block rectangular and have 100
rooms every night, not just some of them?

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The
Internet for Dummies", Information Superhighwayman wanna-be,
http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor "More Wiener schnitzel,
please", said Tom, revealingly.