Re: IETF 71 - no room at the inn at all on Thursday

2008-02-13 22:52:10
On Thu, 13 Feb 2008, John L wrote:
I was wondering why the Doubletree doesn't have the block of rooms
available that they promised to the IETF.  The reservation agent said she
saw the room block, but it didn't have rooms Thursday like it did for the
rest of the week.  Unless there's a vast number of IETFers only staying
Thursday night, which seems rather unlikely, Hilton didn't provide the
room block they said they would.  I would have thought their long term
agreement with the IETF would prevent just this kind of problem.

They did have (AFAIR), at least around 5th Feb or thereabouts when I
was checking hotel options.  In the end I decided to go to "Hampton
Inn Philadelphia Convention Center" which is closer (about 4 blocks or
so), a bit cheaper, and AFAIR, seemed to offer better facilities for
the price.