RE: IETF 71 - no room at the inn at all on Thursday

2008-02-14 08:22:42
Our site is still down for the move at the moment, should be back up
soon.  That site lists all of the nearby hotels, most of which have a
special Comcast rate.  I would simply ask that you read the "special
rate notice" at the bottom of our hotels page and let me know if I can
assist further.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: John L [mailto:johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:19 PM
To: Mikko Saarnivala
Cc: Livingood, Jason; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IETF 71 - no room at the inn at all on Thursday

I am sure you can find something to stay for the duration.

The question isn't whether there's other hotels in
Philadelphia, of course there are, although it wouldn't be
easy to find something as nice, and close as the Doubletree
for $169 which is quite a good price for Center City.

I was wondering why the Doubletree doesn't have the block of
rooms available that they promised to the IETF.  The
reservation agent said she saw the room block, but it didn't
have rooms Thursday like it did for the rest of the week.
Unless there's a vast number of IETFers only staying Thursday
night, which seems rather unlikely, Hilton didn't provide the
room block they said they would.  I would have thought their
long term agreement with the IETF would prevent just this
kind of problem.

R's,
John