Re: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-internet-waist-hourglass-00.txt]

2008-02-17 14:58:22

On Feb 14, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:

In essence, something like this would increase the address lenght by
16 bits.

Well, as I am sure you know, the reason NAT is so successful is that
it
basically does extend the IP address space by 16 bits, but in a
backwards compatible way, making it incrementally deployable. Thus,
you
get high utility and ease of deployment, the double whammy that
leads to
success, as draft-iab-protocol-success discusses.

So this thread could be summarized as "32+16 > 128"