Re: Confirming vs. second-guessing

2008-03-17 23:41:44

On Mar 17, 2008, at 10:05 PM, Lixia Zhang wrote:

Call me an idealist:), I personally believe, generally speaking, it
is better to put everything on the table, rather than partial info,
between nomcom and confirming body.

Step up a level: wonder where this discussion is leading to?
Exactly how to revise 3777?

It sounds like you would rather get rid of the nomcom and have the
confirming body do the work from the start.

I have heard it said that the IETF, in the most recent discussion
that failed up update that portion of what we now call 3777, had a
90/10 consensus and didn't come to a perfect consensus. I think we
have to say what the role and reach of the confirming body is, which
may require us to think hard about what it means to have "rough
consensus".