Re: Proposed Revisions to IETF Trust Administrative Procedures

2008-04-07 13:31:59

On Apr 3, 2008, at 1:54 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
Probably the Trust and/or IAOC procedures or charter should be
modified so that, in the event of the demise of the IAOC, the Trust
falls firmly under direct IETF control (unless the IETF itself
ceases to exist).

The concept makes sense to me, but I'd be interested to understand
how that would be implemented. All decisions of the trust happen in
discussions on the IETF mailing list, and the consensus of the
community as determined by J i m F l e m i n g rules?