Re: Proposed Revisions to IETF Trust Administrative Procedures

2008-04-11 14:38:25
A thought...

your list below eliminates five out of the ten of the IAOC. The
remaining folks include the IAOC secretary (whom I would suggest
should also be ineligible), a member selected by the IETF nomcom, the
member selected by the IESG, and the member selected by the IAB.

I would suggest that a simpler wording would be to make the folks
*eligible* be those that are not ex officio, not the secretary, and
not selected by the ISOC Board. I would guess that the issue with the
"member selected by the ISOC Board" is that the IETF would like to be
sure it is an IETF participant.

a. The following Trustees are not eligible to serve as IETF Chair:
                                                          ^^^^
                                                          Trust

    1. ISOC President
    2. IAB Chair
    3. IETF Chair
    4. ISOC IAOC Appointee
    5. IAD

http://iaoc.ietf.org/members_detail.html:
   Bob Hinden, appointed by the IAB - bob.hinden at nokia.com
   Ole Jacobsen, appointed by the IESG - ole at cisco.com
* Fred Baker, appointed by the ISOC Board of Trustees - fred at
cisco.com
* Russ Housley, the IETF Chair (ex officio) - housley at vigilsec.com
* Olaf Kolkman, the IAB Chair (ex officio) - olaf at NLnetlabs.nl
* Lynn St.Amour, the ISOC President/CEO (ex officio) - st.amour at
isoc.org
   Jonne Soininen, IAOC Chair, appointed by the NomCom (2 year term,
appointed 2007) - jonne.soininen at nsn.com
   Ed Juskevicius, appointed by the NomCom (2 year term, appointed
2006) - edj at nortel.com
* Ray Pelletier, IETF Administrative Director (non-voting) - iad at
ietf.org
* Marshall Eubanks (tme at multicasttech.com) serves as the IAOC Scribe