Re: Proposed Revisions to IETF Trust Administrative Procedures

2008-04-10 18:22:05
The Trustees have considered the comments from the list and propose the following amended revisions to the Trust Administrative Procedures. The Trustees propose to take action at its April 17th meeting and will consider all comments received by that date.

2. The Trustees shall select one Trustee to serve as the Chair of the Trust.
a. The following Trustees are not eligible to serve as IETF Chair:
   1. ISOC President
   2. IAB Chair
   3. IETF Chair
   4. ISOC IAOC Appointee
   5. IAD

b. The term of the Trust Chair shall be one year from the time of selection or the remaining time of his or her tenure as a Trustee, whichever is less. An individual may serve any number of terms as Chair, if selected by the Trustees.

c. The Chair serves at the pleasure of the Trustees and may be removed from that position at any time by a vote of 2/3 of the voting Trustees, not counting the Trust Chair.

d. The Chair shall convene and preside over meetings of the Trustees but shall have no other powers or authority beyond his or her powers as a Trustee. If the Trust Chair is not available, then any other Trustee may convene or preside over meetings of the Trustees in the absence of the Trust Chair.

4. The Trust Agreement defines the quorum and voting rules for a meeting. Motions passed by electronic means between meetings shall be confirmed by a vote at the next possible meeting.

12. The Trustees are the current members of the IAOC. When a member leaves the IAOC for whatever reason, he or she ceases to be a Trustee. When a new member joins the IAOC, he or she becomes a Trustee upon his or her agreement in writing to fulfill the duties of a Trustee, as specified in the Trust Agreement.

a. If at any time the IAOC ceases to exist, or there are fewer than three Trustees, then the IESG, or its successor, shall appoint Trustees in accordance with Article VI of the Trust Agreement.

Ray