Re: Last Call: draft-klensin-rfc2821bis: closing the implicit MX issue

2008-04-14 20:51:41

Tony Hansen wrote:
 From this viewpoint, running code wins.

I'm also swayed by the principle of "least surprise".
Last of all, I'm swayed by the discussions around RFC 974 and the DRUMS
archive search
So the bottom line is that I see sufficient support for including AAAA
lookups when implicit MX comes into play.

Wow.

Diligently thorough.  Carefully reasoned.  Historically solid.  (Running code
that interoperated was what resolved a problem with checksum for the original
TCP spec...)

Nice job, Tony!

d/
--