RE: IETF Website Redesign Effort

2008-05-08 08:29:55
Mark,

        Unfortunately, the way I read this, it is effectively not
the latter.  The impression I am left with is that 10 volunteers
are being asked for feedback on changes.  Assuming this is an
iterative process, their collective feedback could have almost
any arbitrary degree of impact on the final result - depending
on how well developed the current plan is and how responsive the
change makers expect to be to feedback.

        Hence the value of Brian's observation that there should
be some effort to determine if the general outline of planned
changes is something that most people agree to.

        Also, as has been politely hinted at already, the sample
selection method is likely to "poison" the sample.  Why the first
10 starting from a specific message at a specific time convenient
to only a narrow set of time zones?  Why only 10?  Why publish
the names of the victim^H^H^H^H^Holunteers?  None of these seem
to be the sort of factors one would like to see in getting a
reasonable cross section of the (probably) tens of thousands of
people who use the IETF website on a regular basis (where is that
visitor counter, or the web-site at the moment, anyway?).

--
Eric Gray
Principal Engineer