Re: Guidelines for authors and reviewers

2008-06-03 20:55:57
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Ted Hardie wrote:
      Can you describe  the difference between "early reviews
performed by active participants" and just "participation"?   In my
mind, folks making suggestions and noting issues with a document during
the working group phase are WG contributors, not reviewers.  How do
you see this?

If the reviewer is not subscribed to the WG list, and does not intend
to become subscribed to the list, yet does a review and sends comments
for a WG draft, then I'd say it's in the former camp.

Personally, I usually do that.  And it's a PITA that most WG mailing
lists where I try to send mail unsubscribed just throw the mails to a
black hole or a moderation queue that's never flushed. This is why I
Cc: the WG chairs on these messages.