Re: Appeal against IESG blocking DISCUSS on draft-klensin-rfc2821bis

2008-06-17 11:45:16
I fully agree with Debbie here.

Human experience teaches us that examples will
be used, over time. Foo.com is a commercial site. If the IETF uses
foo.com in email examples,
it is reasonable to assume that foo.com will get unwanted traffic
because of that. I think that
the IETF should not put itself in the position of causing avoidable
pain to others, even if the likelihood of serious harm is small. Since
there is a remedy, and it could be adopted readily, I think that the
discuss was reasonable and do not support the appeal.

Regards
Marshall