Re: Appeal against IESG blocking DISCUSS on draft-klensin-rfc2821bis

2008-06-17 17:03:36
Dear Dave;

On Jun 17, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

Marshall Eubanks wrote:
I fully agree with Debbie here.
Human experience teaches us that examples will
be used, over time.

Seems like 25+ years is a pretty solid sample size of experience, to
test such a theory.*

So you won't have any trouble providing data to support your
conclusion that, indeed, there is a problem?

I don't know - I do not own generic.com, foo.com, foo.org, bar.org or
bar.com. Has anyone asked these companies (at least foo.com and
bar.com are actual companies) or the domain holders for their opinion
and experience in this matter ? For that matter, has anyone asked
Jorge Contreras for his opinion as our counsel on the legal liability
we might be incurring by using their names ?

I do know that if I did own one of those companies, I would request
that this document be changed.

Regards
Marshall

[Once again:  Not that that is the core issue being appealed.]

d/

* In theory, there isn't much difference between theory and
practice.  In practice...

--

 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking