Re: Update of RFC 2606 based on the recent ICANN changes ?

2008-07-09 10:31:47
On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 12:54:24PM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
I don't "want" anything in this space.  I don't care if the root's
unchanged or as wide as .com.

      There was a clear decision to move from a single label
      hostnames to multiple label hostnames (RFC 921).  You are
      attempting to reverse that decision.

I've said everything I want to say about this topic, but I'd like to
reiterate that I'm not attempting to reverse any decision.  I have no
hidden agenda and I am not advocating a policy position based on
technical and conceptual feasibility (or anything else).

I don't care which one the community picks here.  I've now asserted it
twice.

I don't care which one the community picks here.  Now it's true.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc