Re: About IETF communication skills

2008-07-31 11:09:28
Daniel Brown wrote:
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Lixia Zhang
<lixia(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucla(_dot_)edu> wrote:
I questioned the reporter why she ignored my request, the reply was that it
was the magazine's policy not allowing preview --- something they never told
me beforehand.

One lesson learned.

    Indeed.  It may be worth making a point in the future to ask if
previews and pre-publishing amendments are allowed before consenting
to an interview.

Or you know not consenting to interviews with someone who's professionalism you don't respect. Why you would expect someone engaged in serious journalism or otherwise to offer you the opportunity to modulate your own statements post facto is beyond me.