RE: About IETF communication skills

2008-07-31 22:21:23
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
(I'd be astonished if the reporter in question were not reading this
thread -- what will the next story be?)

Actually, let's hope so, and that a copy of the thread will make it back to
the editorial staff. They need to understand that sensationalizing the story
just to move copies takes them out of the realm of a respected technical
outlet into the world of newsstand rags. Eventually this will lead the
people their advertisers are trying to target to move on to sources with
substance rather than splash. The business model will decay and we can get
back to focusing on technology...

Tony