2009 Venues & Hosts Set

2008-08-01 07:42:25
The IAOC is pleased to announce the Meeting venues and Hosts for 2009.

IETF 74 will be held in San Francisco 22 - 27 March 2009.

The IAOC and the Internet Society are also very pleased to announce that Juniper Networks will be be the Host for IETF 74. Juniper has been an active participant in the IETF for years and now has elevated its support of the IETF through this commitment. Juniper Networks high-performance network infrastructure helps businesses create a responsive and trusted environment for accelerating the deployment of services and applications over a single network. See http://www.juniper.net for more info.

IETF 75 will be held in Stockholm from 26 - 31 July 2009.

As previously announced, .SE (The Internet Infrastructure Foundation) will be the Host for IETF 75. [http://iis.se/] The surplus from the registration of domain names by .SE is used to finance projects that contribute to the Internet’s development in Sweden.

Wrapping up the schedule for the year, the IAOC is pleased to announce that IETF 76 will be held in Hiroshima, Japan from 8 - 13 November 2009.

Our host is an old friend of the IETF having hosted IETF 54 in Yokohama - The WIDE Project. The basic philosophy of the WIDE Project lies in the provision of a global connection between computers and all other equipment and the construction of a distributed system that will serve a useful purpose from an individual and social viewpoint and to bring to the fore the relative issues and problems in order to bring this to fruition. You can find a history of the successful WIDE Project since its founding twenty years ago at http://www.wide.ad.jp/about/history.html .

Many thanks to Comcast, Alcatel-Lucent & Google for our 2008 support and welcome Juniper Networks, .SE & The WIDE Project for 2009! We could not do it without you!

Considering Hosting? There are opportunities for hosting Anaheim in March or Atlanta in November 2010. One can find more information at http://iaoc.ietf.org/meetings.html and by contacting Drew Dvorshak at dvorshak(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org(_dot_)

Now, only 106 days to originate and progress those I-Ds for Minneapolis 16 - 21 November. Hope to see you there!

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director