Re: MP3 support for Friday afternoon

2008-08-03 11:17:46
We've never intentionally delivered audio streaming to the rrg before, the recorder was removed at 15:30 not after lunch based on my need to pack my remaining equipment based on the stage that we were at in network teardown.

The proposed "friday afternoon experiment" and or some acknowldgement that rrg(typically friday) iepg (sunday morning) et al are part of the regular program and require the same service level (ie wireless network should stay up etc) do I think reflect the evolving nature of the meeting, but also represent mission creep. if the requirements are evolving from production network and services on sunday at noon till friday at noon towards sunday 0900 and friday a 1700 then the people operating those services need to know that.

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

MP3 service was lost during the RRG meeting Friday after lunch. There were several
remote attendees, and they complained on jabber, so this was loss was felt.

It really doesn't matter now whether this was planned or an accident, but I would urge either that meetings held on Friday afternoon have this support (even if it has to be
run from someone's laptop), or that meetings not be held Friday afternoon.

Regards
Marshall