Re: MP3 support for Friday afternoon

2008-08-04 00:49:10
On 4 aug 2008, at 0:18, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

And, in another bit of mission creep, I would note that WG interims are supposed to be regular WG meetings but in my experience are generally not
broadcast or recorded using MP3.

A kit or cookbook to enable people to do this with either
the usual OSes, or with common programs like iChat would be useful.

We had an interim meeting for multi6 in Santa Monica many moons ago, and I brought extra cables to plug into the PA system in order to broadcast and archive that session.

It's not all that hard to do if you have decent network connectivity and plan ahead. The hardest part is setting up a server that remote listeners can connect to.