Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

2008-08-10 16:46:37

--On Monday, August 11, 2008 12:54 AM +0200 Henrik Levkowetz <henrik(_at_)levkowetz(_dot_)com> wrote:

And this is precisely one of the examples to which I was
referring, because, in exceptional circumstances, the RFC
Editor  has been willing to negotiate that limit.  However,
if my memory  is correct, the "nits" checker, which draws its
authority from  the Checklist, gets sufficiently annoyed
about more than five  authors to prevent posting of I-Ds.

Umm???

If you're referring to idnits, it does no test the number of
authors
in any way or form.  I haven't checked whether the current,
soon-to
be replaced submission tool tries to check this, but idnits
does most emphatically not.

I apologize to idnits. I have seen documents rejected by some process because they had more than five authors, but I don't remember whether it was the submission tool or someone overzealous at the (present or past) Secretariat.

   john