Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

2008-08-09 13:21:41
As you all can see, the ID-Checklist in fact DOES refer to
the rfc2223bis at many places. It has now been updated (in my copy)
to point to the RFC-Editor-Style Manual. Specifically section 2
discusses this, and sect 2.1 starts out by stating:

In principle, the RFC-Editor can take care of a few small formatting errors. And if there are only a few, then they will do so. However, if many errors exist, the document will be returned to the author(s)/editor(s)/WG for fixes. In any event, please realize that not following the formatting rules will most
  probably delay publication and does consume time that can be spend on
  other work.

It could be made clearer that the ID-Checklist is specifically intended for
final I-Ds that are submitted to an AD, i.e. a request for publication
to the AD/IESG.

The first Note in the Introduction section does say so.
But to be more clear, I have changed the fuirst sentence of sect 1.
from

   All Internet Drafts which are offered for publication as RFCs

into

All Internet Drafts which are offered to an AD or the IESG with a request
   for publication as RFC

I hope that clarifies.

Bert
Editor for ID_checklist