Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

2008-08-11 01:22:47
Hi John,

On 2008-08-11 01:46 John C Klensin said the following:

--On Monday, August 11, 2008 12:54 AM +0200 Henrik Levkowetz <henrik(_at_)levkowetz(_dot_)com> wrote:
If you're referring to idnits, it does no test the number of
authors
in any way or form.  I haven't checked whether the current,
soon-to
be replaced submission tool tries to check this, but idnits
does most emphatically not.

I apologize to idnits. I have seen documents rejected by some process because they had more than five authors, but I don't remember whether it was the submission tool or someone overzealous at the (present or past) Secretariat.

Ok.  Which leaves establishing the desired behaviour of the draft
submission mechanisms.
My personal viewpoint is that it would be inappropriate to strictly
enforce a limit of 5 authors.  The use of 'should' in section 2.2,
item 2 of the current document ('There should not be more than 5
authors/editors') seems appropriate given the current RFC Editor
policy, and tools-wise this would then be implemented as a note or
warning at the most, but should never cause a refusal to accept a draft
submission.

        Henrik