Re: Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-forces-mib-07

2008-09-02 15:28:30
OK...

Proposed
Standard. I have two technical comments below, but both are minor issues
that could resolved in AUTH48 if you think they have merit.

An aside: The purpose of AUTH48 state is not (should not be) to resolve
even minor issues.  Ideally, no issues should arise in AUTH48, but the
world is not a perfect place.  But let's not get in the habit of sweeping
minor changes to the every end of the publication process.  The revision
process is pretty cheap.

Agreed. I've been seeing a lot of Gen-ART reviewers, including myself, who
say "could be resolved in AUTH48" as a unit of size, but I can see how
reasonable people assume that it's a suggestion of tactics :-)

Thanks for the opportunity to break old habits when they become even less
reasonable.

Spencer