Re: Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-forces-mib-07

2008-09-02 17:08:28
To John and Steve,

It occurs to me that people may have been saying "could be
resolved in AUTH48" when they really meant "could be resolved in
an RFC Editor note".

I would not be a bit surprised if I meant that ;-)

Personally, I don't even like RFC Editor notes for things that can and
should be corrected by the author.  As both an author and an AD, I much
preferred clean new copies.

My own AD feels the same way, for reasonable reasons.

I do note that spinning revisions also activates all the review team
reviewers to figure out what's changed since (in this case) 07. It's worth
noting that although the ID submission tool has made submitting a 08 version
very cheap, it's not free...

Thanks.

Spencer